Re: We should get active ...

From: Koen Martens <gmc(at)sonologic(dot)nl>
To: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We should get active ...
Date: 2008-02-25 15:08:17
Lists: pgeu-general

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 12:17:28PM +0100, Susanne Ebrecht wrote:
> It would really nice to have a guy who start the webpage. At the moment I
> have no idea about questions like:
> Do we want to make PHP?
> Do we want to make plain HTML?
> Do we use tools like Drupal?
> Do we use tools like cvs/svn?
> How could we add content to the page?
> Do we want a wiki?
> How is the layout?
> And so on ...

I would say: take our queue from what has been done before. Having some
CMS would be preferable over using plain html with ssh/scp login i'd
say. What is postgresql.org using? What is postgresql.nl using? Etc..

Do we want a wiki? Of course! We probably want TWiki even, because it is
the best :) (note: i'm an active member of the TWiki community and
therefore not entirely objective, although really, TWiki _is_ the best).

Will the site be hosted on postgresql infrastructure? Where is it
currently hosted? What would be needed for (say) me, to get something
going there? Or does this have to be done by the postgresql
infrastructure management team?

Gr,

Koen