Update from 8.2 to 8.3 stackbuilder feature problem

From: "Stephan-Frank Henry" <Frank(dot)Henry(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Update from 8.2 to 8.3 stackbuilder feature problem
Date: 2008-02-25 13:40:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi.

Using 8.2 I had a batch script to silent install the db and features, including postgis ,pljava, slony1 and some others, on our XP System.

I thought it would work to simply use the 8.3 version but alas it failed.

After spending some time to figure out why, I stumbled across the 'Stackbuilder' feature. From the pginst.wxs I could see that when the stackbuilder is enabled, the features are no longer available.

As the download page only seems to have the Stackbuilder version, is there any way to get a non-Stackbuilder version of the install pack?

Thanks

Frank