Re: WHAT to push to internet

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WHAT to push to internet
Date: 2008-02-25 20:46:22
Lists: pgeu-general

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:42:09 +0100
Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Ciao,
>    I think we forget another thing too. "Partnership" from companies.
> We do not have a mandatory fee, but I guess it would be hard to live
> off just donations. I suppose we should not discard the option of
> accepting sponsorships from companies that support the goals of the
> association. And the website could be a good source for advertising
> and showing that form of support, IMHO.

The way the US handles this is sponsorships for specific events. For
example West raised 5k, each non pg show that we have a booth raises
300-1000, East looks to be raising > 15k (but we aren't sure yet).

I expect the us to clear at least another 5k between OSCON and LWE.

Joshua D. Drake

- --
The PostgreSQL Company since 1997:
PostgreSQL Community Conference:
Donate to the PostgreSQL Project:
PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)