Re: Spam filters on the mailing lists

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Date: 2008-02-22 18:18:33
Lists: pgsql-www

> Are there any X-Spam headers being added to the messages? Are those
> messsages scoring low? All @postgresql.org *should* be being scored,
> and looking through MAIA, I'm finding a load of stuff quarantined, and
> I'm bayes training those that I'm finding that is marked as 'non-spam'

Maia's pretty user-hostile; I long ago gave up on its quarantine
management. Can we -- as a WWW team -- look hard for an alternative?

The alternative ought to let us send a moderation message straight to bayes
filtering.

Oh, and I don't think we can automatically filter non-ASCII mail; we have
non-English mailing lists.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus