Re: tzcode update

From: Bjorn Munch <Bjorn(dot)Munch(at)sun(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: tzcode update
Date: 2008-02-18 22:25:16
Lists: pgsql-patches

On 18/02 14.22, Tom Lane wrote:
> I can't imagine that fixing this isn't pretty darn high on the Solaris
> to-do list, anyway. Financial apps doing, say, 30-year mortgage
> projections are broken *today* on platforms without post-Y2038 calendar
> support.

Well, it IS mentioned in the BUGS section of at least one man page
(localtime), so it's clearly a known problem.

I don't know about 30-year mortgage, I don't think such financial apps
care whether the day 30 days into the future has DST or not. :-) And
apart from that, the date was correct.

- Bjorn Munch