Re: Processes running without cleaning

From: Tino Schwarze <postgresql(at)tisc(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Processes running without cleaning
Date: 2008-02-18 13:46:30
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 06:30:38PM +0530, Suresh Gupta VG wrote:

> Can you please any one explain, how the processes will go when we give
> the options for blocks and nodes. As a common, we find 3 processes
> running as parent processes of pgsql. Pls find the list of processes in
> the attachment.(max_connction = 100 is configured in the postgresql
> configuration file. Why cleaning up of process is not happening?

The processes will go away when the connection is closed, so it looks
like your application is not closing connections correctly.

HTH!

Tino.

PS: Rather than specifying -N and -B on command line, I would set the
appropiate options in postgresql.conf - max_connections and
shared_buffers.

--
www.craniosacralzentrum.de
www.spiritualdesign-chemnitz.de

Tino Schwarze * Lortzingstra├če 21 * 09119 Chemnitz