pg_dump on windows

From: "dghundt(at)netzero(dot)net" <dghundt(at)netzero(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump on windows
Date: 2008-02-08 15:56:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am using postgres 8.2.6 on windows xp pro sp2. Of about 80 tables, one is a large binary table containing over 2gb of data.

Postgres backsup the data and 95% of the time sticks at this table and cpu activity drops from 40-60% to about zero. I can stay there for hours before I just have to stop the attempt.

We are using a health care record with postgres backend and other people are having the same problem.
Own the Ultimate Platinum Credit Card. Click here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/Ioyw6ijldJaAPEMcUmOFzZNdfk9TMs4LECG50diB8qzKXj17ZyjcYG/