Re: postgresql book - practical or something newer?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, rod(at)iol(dot)ie
Cc: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Ow Mun Heng <Ow(dot)Mun(dot)Heng(at)wdc(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Tom Hart <tomhart(at)coopfed(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql book - practical or something newer?
Date: 2008-01-30 13:23:25
Lists: pgsql-general
Am Mittwoch, 30. Januar 2008 schrieb Raymond O'Donnell:
> Isn't this the idea of the interactive online docs? People can add stuff
> they find useful for others.

Well, not really, for better or worse.  Each release, we take the comments and
either fold them into the main documentation or delete them.  So
the "interactive" feature is more of an easier way to submit additions or
corrections; it is not meant to add a user-edited extra dimension to the
documentation material.

The well-hidden techdocs section of the web site is supposed to allow users to
submit tips, articles, and the like, but I'm not sure how accessible that is.

--
Peter Eisentraut