Re: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Luca Ferrari <fluca1978(at)infinito(dot)it>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap
Date: 2008-01-25 16:04:35
Lists: pgeu-general

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:15:07 +0000
Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> Otherwise we may as well call this PostgreSQL Antarctica. People are
> welcome to set that up too, on a different list.
> Please let common sense prevail. We don't want to put silly rules in
> place to prevent "outsiders", but if you ain't from Europe: You're
> welcome here, but not as an *active* participant. That is for simple
> practical reasons, not malicious ones.

It is really very simple, any representative body of PostgreSQL should
be subject to the community. You are saying it won't be.

If it is the communities will that a EU member from Chile be on board
then that is the communities will and it should be done.

The people arguing against this are presenting themselves as not
trusting the very members they are trying to organize to make the
correct decisions about the organization.

Joshua D. Drake

- --
The PostgreSQL Company: Since 1997,
Donate to the PostgreSQL Project:
SELECT 'Training', 'Consulting' FROM vendor WHERE name = 'CMD'

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)