Re: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap

From: Luca Ferrari <fluca1978(at)infinito(dot)it>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap
Date: 2008-01-24 07:50:47
Lists: pgeu-general
On Monday 21 January 2008 Joshua D. Drake's cat, walking on the keyboard,
wrote:
> My opinion is simple. It is the members that should decide who is on
> the board and the board who decides who is an officer. The nationality
> or citizenship shouldn't matter.

That's true for a global organization, but I guess that for an eu organization
locality matters, and while we can have members and contributors from all
around the world, having directors that are let's say "too much" outside the
eu could lead to a bad leadership.

Luca