Re: Pgtheme: PostgreSQL theme for drupal 5.x and 6.x

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pgtheme: PostgreSQL theme for drupal 5.x and 6.x
Date: 2008-01-24 16:25:08
Lists: pgeu-general

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:18:00 +0000
"Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> I won't comment on what's there, or how long it's going to take you to
> fix it (though I assume it would be a similar amount of time as
> provisioning a whole new site) - but it certainly is there for local
> user groups - there's a bunch of them there already!

Just so everyone understands, "I" am not the one fixing it. Selena is.
All I am doing is assisting her in infrastructure needs.

> > I will agree the new one will be better as it is based on Drupal
> > but I have a feeling it may take a little longer to get that up
> > than we expected.
> I thought the current one was Drupal, just an old version.

Old version of Word press (not that it matters).

> > Services hosted *shrug*, we have proven were good at it.
> If you look at community01 (iirc), theres a bunch of distinctly
> different services on it such as (Devrims?) mailserver, planetpg,
> jabber, pgweb and more (from memory - I don't seem to have access any
> more :-( ).

? You should... (have access that is)

> Now I don't deny that they're all run well, but for a long
> while now we've been provisioning distinct services on their own VMs
> for security, ease of backup, upgrade, replacement, and moving (to
> another host or data center) - it's a lesson we learned long ago, and
> a way of operating that I'd rather not go back to.

As someone who has been doing the whole web hosting business since your
only option was a 2400 modem I can tell you that the way we do it works
well. I am not arguing that the vm idea is invalid. In fact it is
something we are moving to but we are able to provision and rebuild (if
required) very quickly.

Anyway, I don't know why we are having this discussion. I am not
arguing one way or the other to host it at CMD. The France machines are

Joshua D. Drake

> /D

- --
The PostgreSQL Company: Since 1997,
Donate to the PostgreSQL Project:
SELECT 'Training', 'Consulting' FROM vendor WHERE name = 'CMD'

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)