Statement Timeout Message Incorrect

From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: elein(at)varlena(dot)com
Subject: Statement Timeout Message Incorrect
Date: 2008-01-23 19:22:06
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Running 8.3RC1

I have an sql script where one or more create index statements
raise a statement timeout message. The statement timeout is
set to 1d.

The script runs in ~3 hours including the timeout messages.

The script does this:

create table ...
insert into ...
create index one on;
create index one on;
create index one on;
create index one on;
drop table;
alter table set schema public;

I have sprinkled the script with show statement_timeout
and it always returns 1D.

I suspect either a problem with counting statement time
or another error is using the statement timeout message.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Steven FlattDate: 2008-01-23 20:26:41