Re: Compile of Test example is put into win32.mak of libpq.

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Hiroshi Saito <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compile of Test example is put into win32.mak of libpq.
Date: 2008-01-23 19:13:59
Lists: pgsql-patches
On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 04:14:59PM +0900, Hiroshi Saito wrote:
> Hi.

Hi. Sorry about the delay in the response.

> First:
> I needed other programs, in order to test what always built independent
> libpq.dll.
> Therefore, environment was considered variously. Then, I thought that a
> sample program was helpful. They are written to the document.
>
> Next:
> I understood that test example could not compile by MinGW (gcc).
> Furthermore, there was a problem of some MS-VC+. and, some difference was
> in the document and the program. However, It is not a problem in the reason
> a document is explanation in standard environment. probably.
>
> testlibpq4.c does not have description in a document. and, a program
> comment and operation were not in agreement...Therefore, a little change
> was given. I thinks that it is enough, in order to show an example.
>
> error happen before patch apply.
> http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_work/testlibpq2.c.error
> http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_work/testlibpq3.c.error
> I was able to do the satisfactory test after
> http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_work/win32_i386_log.txt
> However, only compile was performed by the reason AMD64 does not have test
> environment..now.
> http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_work/win32_AMD64_log.txt
>
> Please take this into consideration.

I'm not sure we want to keep sticking these external makefiles for things.
We specifically tried to get rid of a couple of those for 8.3 in other
places.

I'm fine with the quick-fixes for the build.

Why do you comment out a couple of lines from testlo.c?

Comments from others?

//Magnus