Re: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap
Date: 2008-01-21 18:57:22
Lists: pgeu-general

> > > Companies are not members, companies are sponsors. Companies can send
> > > individuals to be a member in the group ... as long as this
> > > individuals are from europe ;-)
> >
> > This is an interesting point. Are you saying that I could not be a
> > member of PGEU?
>
> Hmm, my fault. You cannot vote, if you are not from europe. Should be
> not a problem (or at least i don't see a problem here) for you to be a
> member.

To put things clear , there's no word about nationality or citizenship in the
statutes for the simple reason that it would probably be illegal in France.
We cannot set a  rule to specify that the members have to live or to be born
in some specific countries. I'm not a lawyer but that sounds like
discrimination to me.

As far as i understand, Andreas is talking about the voting rules that have
been proposed  :

http://www.pgug.eu/election.txt

These voting rules are something different from the statutes and in order to
keep things clear i think we should talk about that citizenship issue in the
election thread :

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgeu-general/2008-01/msg00039.php

--
damien clochard