Re: Egad, what a lot of spammage

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Egad, what a lot of spammage
Date: 2008-01-16 05:43:23
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 00:25:19 -0500

> "Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> writes:
> > Did I miss something? I haven't seen anything.
> You didn't get a dozen or three variants of the below?
> It seems to have subsided now, but I was getting them at the rate of
> maybe one a minute for some time there.  All forged in the name of
> real PG subscribers, which no doubt is how they got through the
> filters.  I imagine the list moderators will be looking at some
> unpleasantly long queues of stuff that didn't get through the
> filters...

I take it back, I found them. A couple came through from a Sim Zacks. I
actually wasn't following the thread which is why I didn't see them.
Good lord.

I wonder if it would be possible to restrict the gateway so that if
the only way it gets through is if the post "only" posts to pgsql.

The email headers I read show him also posting (not the real Sim Zacks
of course) to rec.skydiving and pgsql.general .

Joshua D. Drake

- --
The PostgreSQL Company: Since 1997,
Donate to the PostgreSQL Project:
SELECT 'Training', 'Consulting' FROM vendor WHERE name = 'CMD'

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)