Re: [sfpug] PostgreSQL + Java devlopers wanted for JavaOne

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [sfpug] PostgreSQL + Java devlopers wanted for JavaOne
Date: 2008-01-16 02:45:46
Lists: pgsql-jdbc sfpug

Folks,

Because of the number of questions on this I'm posting the full CfP on the
lists. Sorry for excess traffic to those who aren't interested.

I'll add to the below that this is part of an Open Source event the day before
JavaOne. So the focus should be on Java applications, preferably mature OSS
projects, which use PostgreSQL. You should also have something unique or
interesting to say about the project, rather than just "this is my OSS
project."

=================================

CommunityOne 2008 call for participation now open. Wide open.

Body:

Call for participation now open for the 2008 CommunityOne conference.

CommunityOne, a free and open developer conference
May 5, 2008 | Moscone Center | San Francisco, CA
http://developers.sun.com/events/communityone

Once again Sun Microsystems will be opening our doors to the free and
open-source community for CommunityOne. Please join us as a
speaker; CommunityOne is a unique opportunity to bring together your
community and engage with others.

We're looking to you to define what the conference program should cover. We’ll
provide the basics: space, sustenance, and invites (we’ll make room for more
than 2,500 innovative developers); you bring your projects, your expertise,
and your colleagues.

The call for participation is open from now until January 31, 2008.
http://www.cplan.com/sun/communityone2008/cfp

Submit a session on the subject of your choice:

1. Free and Open (Any and all topics encouraged.  It's your conference, help
create it. )

Or submit a session in one of the proposed topics (this list will change based
on your proposals):
   2. Projects and Strategy
   3. Operating Systems
   4. Web Servers and Databases
   5. Scripting Languages: Content Authoring and RIAs
   6. Tools and Integrated Development Environments
   7. Next Generation Web Applications
   8. Web Scale Computing
   9. Chip Multithreading

Or if you want to learn about a subject, but don't want to lead a session, add
a conference topic to the CommunityOne wiki:
(http://wikis.sun.com/display/CommunityOne/Home

Key dates:
Close of call for participation: January 31, 2008
Notification of acceptance: February 15, 2008

Questions or comments?
Post to the wiki (http://wikis.sun.com/display/CommunityOne/Home) or email the
conference team at communityone-info(at)sun(dot)com(dot)

We hope you’ll be a part of this year's conference.

- The CommunityOne Conference Team

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun