Re: Overblogging etc

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Overblogging etc
Date: 2008-01-14 20:56:48
Lists: pgsql-www

> No, I'm strongly against this idea -- Noone is blogging about sex,
> religion, politics, etc. Every blog is more or less PostgreSQL related
> -- as I wrote before: It is all about freedom : I don't want to check
> the validity of the blog content. Every blogger is mature enough and
> they know what to blog.

It's not a question about appropriate (although that has happened once),
it's a question about lightweight blog entries.  For example, I'm about to
blog that I moved my photo collection from Flickr to Smugmug.  That
probably shouldn't be on the PostgreSQL homepage.

Hmmm, you know what else is missing from our homepage?  Newsfeed from

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco