Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Koen Martens <gmc(at)sonologic(dot)nl>
Cc: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes
Date: 2008-01-14 18:18:34
Lists: pgeu-general

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:01:48 +0100
Koen Martens <gmc(at)sonologic(dot)nl> wrote:

> My bet is on something web based, as i imagine that would attract the
> most response. Although that takes out the interactive, but why would
> the votes need to be interactive. Granted, an online session could
> improve effectiviness off the discussion preceding the voting.

Sorry that was dumb on my part. I thought the GA was a meeting not a

You guys may really want to read over the SPI bylaws. They have already
done a lot of this work for you.

Granted SPI is far from perfect and they do have significant issues but
their overall goal and the by-laws themselves in general are pretty
darn good.

SPI uses the Condorcet method of voting. Which at first I thought was
dumb but using it for a while it seems reasonably fair.

Joshua D. Drake

P.S. For those that don't know, I am the PostgreSQL SPI Liaison. I was
the SPI Liaison for a year before winning a seat on board. So now I am
also a Director for SPI.

- --
The PostgreSQL Company: Since 1997,
Donate to the PostgreSQL Project:
SELECT 'Training', 'Consulting' FROM vendor WHERE name = 'CMD'

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)