Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes
Date: 2008-01-13 23:47:27
Lists: pgeu-general
Le Monday 14 January 2008 00:16:39 Dave Page, vous avez écrit :
> > - What about elections, does a country like france now has one
> > single vote or has every .fr member a vote for eu elections?
>
> One simple answer is that PostgreSQLFr pay a small percentage of each
> members fee for a group membership in PG-EU. Their board are then
> awarded that number of votes in PG-EU matters.

I'm sure but i think this is not possible under the french law. I think there
is no alternative to the rule "1 member = 1 vote".

I think it is dangerous when the number of votes depends on the money you
give. Actually what happens if a company comes, pays the same amount that
PostgreSQLFr and then ask for the same number of voices ?

Even if we can write new rules in the statutes to avoid this kind of
situation, that's totally out of the KISS philosophy.

--
damien clochard
http://dalibo.org | http://dalibo.com