Re: Timestamps without time zone

From: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Timestamps without time zone
Date: 2008-01-09 13:42:46
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Στις Wednesday 09 January 2008 15:05:24 ο/η Oliver Jowett έγραψε:
> Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> >> Which driver version are you using?
> >
> > Its the 7.4.19 built from source.
>
> Ah, there is your problem then. That is a very old driver and had
> problems with exactly the case you're trying to use (setTimestamp() with
> a Calendar), amongst many other bugs.
>
> Can you try a recent driver and see if it fixes your problem? Looking at
> CVS history it looks like 8.1 is the earliest driver with
> timezone-related fixes, but I'd suggest you try the most recent stable
> driver.
>
> Newer drivers will still talk to older servers, so you shouldn't need to
> upgrade your server to test this.

I tried with postgresql-8.2-507.jdbc3.jar, and it works like a charm!
Not only that, but the getTimestamp() too! I was starting to question my night
sleep quality, read old lenghty articles about java dates/timezones etc!!
Thank you a lot! I didnt know jdbc newer versions were backward compatible
with older servers.

Just a comment:
Why not merge from current changes/bugfixes to the JDBC?
I mean 7.4 is old ok, but *officially supported* also!

--
Achilleas Mantzios