BUG #3853: Autovacuum not working

From: "Christopher Brian L(dot) Jurado" <chris(dot)jurado(at)primesoft(dot)ph>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3853: Autovacuum not working
Date: 2008-01-07 05:44:02
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3853
Logged by: Christopher Brian L. Jurado
Email address: chris(dot)jurado(at)primesoft(dot)ph
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.2
Operating system: Windows XP/2003
Details:

I can see in the server logs that it has entries saying "autovacuum:
processing database xxx". But it seems that pgAdmin still gives
hints/suggestions that the tables need vacuuming. I don't know if this is a
pgAdmin bug or not. But in my experience, pgAdmin seemed right and table
statistics were not updated and query performance degrades as
inserts/updates/deletes are done--because of outdated table statistics.
Is this a bug? And if it is, was this fixed in 8.2? I can't find this in the
release notes.