Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth
Date: 2007-12-24 14:51:04
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hello,

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:07:33 -0500 Robert Bernier wrote:

> On Thursday 29 November 2007 12:56, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> > - live CDs: based on experience from 2007, if we want to give away live
> > CDs, we should come up with let's say 1500-2000 CDs.
>
> The newest version of pg_live will be ready shortly after 8.3 is officially
> out.

Sounds good, but since 8.3 will be released in 2008, we have a small
timing problem. I will not be online from end of january until mid of
february, can anybody from EU take over here and manage to get CDs as
give-away? The time i'm coming back from holidays until FOSDEM is too
short to get things on the way.

> I would appreciate any guidance to creating a version specific to your needs
> for FOSDEM 2008 i.e. documentation, locale and language specific stuff etc.

There are no special needs (as far as i can see this) for FOSDEM, i
only would recommend a actual PG version. Since 8.3 should be available
at this time and a lot of talks are about 8.3, we also should have a
live CD with 8.3 available.

Kind regards

--
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum