Re: MySQL Con 2008

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: MySQL Con 2008
Date: 2007-12-11 21:53:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh,

> This talk, was accepted. I would like to solicit professional (non
> flaming) information on where people think MySQL can learn from
> PostgreSQL.

Well, frankly, I'm not much help. The reason why I never submitted a talk
to MySQLCon, despite invitations, is that I couldn't think of content
which would be both of interest to MySQLers and yet not improve MySQL's
competitive position against PostgreSQL. You've chosen an even tougher
row to hoe ... how does a corporate project create a real community when
nobody in the community can ever be more than a 2nd-class citizen?

I don't know what to suggest.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus