Re: BUG #3790: pg_restore error canceling statement due touser request

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Mike C(dot)" <smith(dot)not(dot)western(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3790: pg_restore error canceling statement due touser request
Date: 2007-12-04 17:05:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Gregory Stark escribió:
> "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
>
> > This falls in the category of "destabilizing the code for purely
> > cosmetic reasons", and would be a foolish change to make at RC1 time.
>
> I suppose. Expect to have more bug reports like this one then though.
>
> > We could change the text of the ERROR message reasonably easily,
> > but changing the basic transaction abort method is right out.
>
> I fear having a message saying "ERROR This is not an error" is going to get us
> laughed at.

I don't advocate changing that ERROR to anything else. The message
wording, as Tom says, can easily be changed -- I think this patch should
be enough. Feel free to propose better wording.

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.PlanetPostgreSQL.org/
Voy a acabar con todos los humanos / con los humanos yo acabaré

Attachment Content-Type Size
av-cancel-msg.patch text/x-diff 873 bytes