Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>, Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth
Date: 2007-11-30 21:31:58
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:28:28 -0300
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> wrote:

> > The CDs are a low cost way to generate discussion. If we print a
> > 1000 and 10 people actually become users because of it, it is worth
> > it.
>
> Environmentally it is extremely irresponsible, but hey, I guess you
> are all used to that.

You have to pick your battles. I compost, recycle, grown most of my own
vegetables during season and wear only non man made material (no
polyester here buddy)...

Nobody's perfect, everything in moderation.

I would also note that is not *one* thing environmentally responsible
about our entire industry from lead in monitors, to the pervasive use
of plastics.

Joshua D. Drake