win32 executables

From: postgres-001(at)os10000(dot)net
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: win32 executables
Date: 2007-11-28 15:43:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hello,

I tried your 8.3beta3 and 8.2.5 zip-packaged (no installer) versions.
The 8.2.5 does not react at all to the starting of any of the
executables (on the command line, the prompt immediately returns,
incidentially the return code is 53, but there are no visible signs of
unhappiness; strace on cygwin says "Process 2504, exception C0000135 at
7C974ED1", which may or may not indicate evil), the 8.3beta3 shows the
error "This application has failed to start because the application
configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this
problem" (this is actually a lie since mine says this in german with a
spelling mistake: "Diese Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden, weil
die Anwenungskonfiguration nicht korrekt ist. Zur Problembehebung
sollten Sie die Anwendung neu installieren.").

Apparently this can be fixed by being careful in the use of Visual
Studio, the details can be read up here:

http://trolltech.com/developer/knowledgebase/faq.2006-12-05.8269192532/

Great thanks go to the Postgres team!  You have really built an amazing
piece of software.  I use it as my preferred database (custom compiled
on each box.  On windows at work, however, I'm currently using Apache
Derby, but as you can tell from my efforts, I'm in the process of
switching to something more powerful).

Best regards,

Oliver Seidel

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Dragos IonitaDate: 2007-11-28 16:07:00