BUG #3786: report error:"ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8""

From: "wengxc" <wengxc(at)zjheadway(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3786: report error:"ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8""
Date: 2007-11-28 05:43:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3786
Logged by: wengxc
Email address: wengxc(at)zjheadway(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.5
Operating system: RHEL AS4
"UTF8""
Details:

my postgresql server encoding:UTF-8,client_encoding:gbk
when I execute some query sql,the database report the error frequently
:ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8":
0xe334especially when insert some text include "\" and
numbers,e.g.\888.
there is no error report when insert the text, but it occur when select ,how
can I resolve this problem If I don't change the server encoding and client
encoding?
thanks