Re: Quality and Performance

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Quality and Performance
Date: 2007-11-28 00:02:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew,

> It's the tests I think belong in core, not the farm software. Currently
> buildfarm performs functionality tests that are also in core.

Jignesh and I were talking about writing a Pole Position-style test which
measures peformance on each of a couple dozen specific operations. There
are limits to what we could ship with PostgreSQL ... DW operations aren't
really testable without 18 hours to generate data ... but we could test a
lot of things.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus