Re: PG 7.3 is five years old today

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: PG 7.3 is five years old today
Date: 2007-11-27 20:20:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom,

> There has been some discussion of making a project policy of dropping
> support for old releases after five years. Should we consider formally
> instituting that?

The community consensus I recall was three versions only. Anything beyond
that would be up to the vendors.

Mind you, I don't know what EDB guarentees but the Sun folks could end up
patching everything back to 8.1 for the next 5 years depending on customer
demand. So I think 5 years will be a reality for us for the conceivable
future.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus