Re: pg_regress: stat correct paths

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Jorgen Austvik - Sun Norway <Jorgen(dot)Austvik(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Cc: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_regress: stat correct paths
Date: 2007-11-26 15:30:00
Lists: pgsql-patches
Jorgen Austvik - Sun Norway wrote:

> This patch will also make pg_regress fail if the directories are
> missing, instead of silently ignoring the missing directories. If you
> think this fail-fast behavior is undesirable, I can create a patch
> that just ignores the files (todays behavior), or ignores them with a
> warning.

This silent-skip behavior is there to avoid noise in other tests.  Try
the ecpg tests, contrib tests and src/pl tests.

I didn't check the rest of the patch, but did you verify that it still
works in VPATH builds?

--
Alvaro Herrera                        http://www.advogato.org/person/alvherre
"Nunca confiaré en un traidor.  Ni siquiera si el traidor lo he creado yo"