Re: pg_regress: stat correct paths

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Jorgen Austvik - Sun Norway <Jorgen(dot)Austvik(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Cc: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_regress: stat correct paths
Date: 2007-11-26 15:30:00
Lists: pgsql-patches
Jorgen Austvik - Sun Norway wrote:

> This patch will also make pg_regress fail if the directories are
> missing, instead of silently ignoring the missing directories. If you
> think this fail-fast behavior is undesirable, I can create a patch
> that just ignores the files (todays behavior), or ignores them with a
> warning.

This silent-skip behavior is there to avoid noise in other tests.  Try
the ecpg tests, contrib tests and src/pl tests.

I didn't check the rest of the patch, but did you verify that it still
works in VPATH builds?

Alvaro Herrera
"Nunca confiaré en un traidor.  Ni siquiera si el traidor lo he creado yo"
(Barón Vladimir Harkonnen)