an admin team for the new European servers

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: PostgreSQL EU General <pgsql-eu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: an admin team for the new European servers
Date: 2007-11-21 14:22:47
Lists: pgeu-generalpgsql-www
hi folks !

As you might know Continuent has donated 4 servers to the community :

  - 2 for PostgreSQLFr
  - 2 for PostgreSQL Europe

As far as we know, here is the profiles of the machines :

 *  HP ML370 G4
 *  HP ML370 G4
 *  HP DL140G1 - 3 GHz Xeon - 2 x 80 Gb - 1Gb RAM
 *  HP DL140G2 - 2.8 GHz Xeon -  80 Gb + 250 Gb (SATA) - 1 Gb RAM

For now this 4 servers are in Grenoble. They will be moved to Marseilles in
the first days of December and placed in Dalibo's datacenter, which is
operated by Lost-Oasis ( http://lost-oasis.fr  http://www.ielo.net)

The installation and configuration will be done by Dalibo ( probably Jean-Paul
Argudo and C├ędric Villemain ). But beyond that, Dalibo wishes to delegate the
administration of the servers to community members...

Concerning the 2 servers given to PostgreSQLFR , an admin group composed of
members of the french association will be created...

Dalibo would like to see such group created to administrate the servers
dedicated to PostgreSQL Europe.

So here's a bunch of questions for you all :

 1/ Who wants to admin this 2 servers ?
 2/ What do we install on them ? What do we need ?
 3/ How do we name them ? ;-)

We have something like 30 days to answer these questions :-)

I'm sending this e-mail to pgsql-www to see if they have ideas or advice on
the subject.

Regards,

--
damien clochard
http://dalibo.org | http://dalibo.com

pgsql-www by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2007-11-21 14:55:05