Re: Curious about dead rows.

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Trevor Talbot <quension(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Curious about dead rows.
Date: 2007-11-14 00:04:20
Lists: pgsql-performance

Trevor Talbot escribió:
> On 11/13/07, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> wrote:
> > Jean-David Beyer wrote:
> > >
> > > Sorry. Most of the lists I send to have ReplyTo set, but a few do not.
> > > And then I forget.
> >
> > If you use "reply to all", it works wonderfully in both cases.
>
> Then it upsets the people who don't want to get private copies, only
> list copies, on most of the Reply-To lists.
>
> There's no winning :(

I am on a couple of mailing lists with Reply-To set, and what my MUA
does is put only the list on the To:, so there is no extra private copy.
I use "reply-to-group" all the time and it works perfectly well.

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvherre/
"PHP is what I call the "Dumb Monkey" language. [A]ny dumb monkey can code