BUG #3745: I am unable to load the data in postgresql DB

From: "Jawad Hussain" <jhussain2(at)csc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3745: I am unable to load the data in postgresql DB
Date: 2007-11-12 16:25:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3745
Logged by: Jawad Hussain
Email address: jhussain2(at)csc(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.9
Operating system: Linux
Details:

Below is the error log I am getting repeatedly in the file pgstartup.log.

WARNING: could not create listen socket for "localhost"
FATAL: could not create any TCP/IP sockets
LOG: logger shutting down
LOG: logger shutting down
LOG: logger shutting down
LOG: logger shutting down
LOG: logger shutting down
LOG: logger shutting down
LOG: logger shutting down
FATAL: lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
HINT: Is another postmaster (PID 25372) running in data directory
"/var/lib/pgsql/data"?
FATAL: lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
HINT: Is another postmaster (PID 25372) running in data directory
"/var/lib/pgsql/data"?
FATAL: lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
HINT: Is another postmaster (PID 25372) running in data directory
"/var/lib/pgsql/data"?
FATAL: lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
HINT: Is another postmaster (PID 25372) running in data directory
"/var/lib/pgsql/data"?
LOG: logger shutting down
FATAL: lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
HINT: Is another postmaster (PID 9346) running in data directory
"/var/lib/pgsql/data"?
FATAL: lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
HINT: Is another postmaster (PID 9346) running in data directory
"/var/lib/pgsql/data"?

Please suggest on this.