Re: idle in transaction...unexpected EOF on clientconnection

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Campbell, Lance" <lance(at)uiuc(dot)edu>
Cc: Tena Sakai <tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: idle in transaction...unexpected EOF on clientconnection
Date: 2007-11-09 22:29:16
Lists: pgsql-admin
Campbell, Lance wrote:
> I notice this in my log file as well.  I do not have a fire wall that
> would impact this.

It could be a monitoring tool that's opening the socket to check whether
Postgres is listening.  If it connects then closes the socket without
actually talking the PG protocol, this is exactly what you would see.

Is there any reason you're so fond of top-posting?

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34J
"Escucha y olvidarás; ve y recordarás; haz y entenderás" (Confucio)