Re: Postgresql Domain Names

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql Domain Names
Date: 2007-11-09 20:11:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 07:59:07PM +0000, Dave Page wrote:

> As far as I know they haven't asked any of us for any personal info,
> money, bank details or anything like that. It appears to have been a
> legitimate query. That said, you should still be cautious and make sure
> you don't hand over any info that might be used inappropriately.

Please be extra careful. They don't appear to be a CNNICaccredited
registrar.

Also, note that .mobi isn't a Chinese domain name (I know this because
Afilias provides technical operations for mTLD). They may, however, be
trolling for registrants for the "Chinese" version of .mobi, which China
appears to be pressing ahead with in a split root that they're running.

Andrew Sullivan
Old sigs will return after re-constitution of blue smoke