Re: BUG #3730: Creating a swedish dictionary fails

From: Penty Wenngren <penty(dot)wenngren(at)dgc(dot)se>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3730: Creating a swedish dictionary fails
Date: 2007-11-09 09:39:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 08:45:32PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Penty Wenngren <penty(dot)wenngren(at)dgc(dot)se> writes:
> > On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 05:21:17PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> I suspect you are working in a locale that doesn't think Ö is a
> >> letter --- check lc_ctype.
>
> > It doesn't seem to make any difference. The first try was done from a
> > terminal that didn't care much for UTF-8, but that is fixed now and I
> > still get the same result.
>
> It sorta looks to me like you only changed the locale of your terminal
> session. Changing the database's locale requires re-initdb. What
> does "show lc_ctype" show within Postgres?

test=# show lc_ctype;
lc_ctype
-------------
sv_SE.UTF-8
(1 rad)

The database was initialized with encoding set to UTF8 and locale set to
sv_SE.UTF8.

If you are confident that this is not a PostgreSQL bug, I'll accept that
happily and move on to do some more testing on my end.

// Penty

--

Penty Wenngren
DGC Solutions AB