Re: Postgresql downloads

From: Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql downloads
Date: 2007-11-08 17:53:45
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Hi, Frederick,

"Frederick Zarndt" <fazarndt(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I'm doing research about Postgresql and would like to know how many times
> version 8.x has been downloaded from http://www.postgresql.org in the
> calendar year 2007 and separately how times it has been downloaded in the
> calendar year 2006. I want the same information for version 7.x. If someone
> has the same information from mirror sites that would be great! Thanks in
> advance.

The number of downloads will not give you any serious number.

Our company has dozens of PostgreSQL instances running, and none of
them was downloaded from postgresql.org, as we mostly use packages from
the linux distributions (mostly debian, but some Gentoo, LFS and
OpenSuSE), and for some very special use cases, direct checkouts from
the source repository version control system.

Regards,
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org