Re: Test suite fails on alpha architecture

From: Steve Langasek <vorlon(at)debian(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: José Luis Rivero (yoswink) <yoswink(at)gentoo(dot)org>,debian-alpha(at)lists(dot)debian(dot)org, alpha(at)gentoo(dot)org,pgsql-bugs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Test suite fails on alpha architecture
Date: 2007-11-06 20:07:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 12:52:34PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Jos=E9_Luis_Rivero_=28yoswink=29=22?= <yoswink(at)gentoo(dot)org> writes:
> > Since Debian is having some problems with its alpha development machine,
> > the Gentoo/Alpha port is happy to offer some help with this problem.

> > We can provide with shell account access (or even a chroot) in our
> > development machine (AlphaServer ES40) for debugging this PostgreSQL
> > bug. If it only happens on Debian, I could create a debian chroot for
> > testing.

> I'm guessing that it's specific to Alpha (and maybe glibc) but not any
> particular Linux distro.

It may be specific to particular versions of glibc and the kernel.  At least
one of the test regressions is actually due to the bug described in
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2007/10/msg00014.html>; I haven't dug
into the rest of the failures further at this point.

But if it can be reproduced on other distros as well, all the better.

vorlon(at)debian(dot)org                                   http://www.debian.org/