Re: dell versus hp

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Tore Halset <halset(at)pvv(dot)ntnu(dot)no>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dell versus hp
Date: 2007-11-06 13:48:31
Lists: pgsql-performance
Tore,

* Tore Halset (halset(at)pvv(dot)ntnu(dot)no) wrote:
> All of our existing servers are from Dell, but I want to look at some other
> options as well. We are currently looking at rack boxes with 8 internal SAS
> discs. Two mirrored for OS, Two mirrored for WAL and 4 in raid 10 for the
> base.

I'm a big HP fan, personally.  Rather than talking about the hardware
for a minute though, I'd suggest you check out what's happening for 8.3.
Here's a pretty good writeup by Greg Smith on it:

http://www.westnet.com/~gsmith/content/postgresql/chkp-bgw-83.htm

Hopefully it'll help w/ whatever hardware you end up going with.

	Enjoy,

		Stephen