UTF-8 for SGML docs?

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: UTF-8 for SGML docs?
Date: 2007-10-31 01:46:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Is it possible to use UTF-8 for SGML docs?

I would like to enhance the full text search docs, especially table 12-1,
which includes ASCII and LATIN1 examples only. I find that word,
numword alias etc. allow not only LATIN characters but Asian
ones. This fact is not stated in the doc, and I'm afraid this might
discourage Japanese users to use the full text search.

For this I think I would like to add Japanese examples in the table by
using UTF-8 encoding for the doc text.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan