Re: pg_restore

From: Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Bob Pawley <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: pg_restore
Date: 2007-10-28 22:58:55
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sunday 28 October 2007 3:40 pm, Bob Pawley wrote:
> This is the dump command
>
> pg_dump -h localhost -d Aurel -U postgres
>
> Could you suggest a dump command that will match the restore command -
>
> pg_restore -h localhost -d PDW -U postgres aurel.sql
>

> Thanks
>
> Bob

It depends on what you want to do. But to use pg_restore you will need to use
one of either -Fc or Ft after the pg_dump command. My concern is that you are
connecting to a different database name in the dump and restore commands.
This may be what you want, but then again it may not.I would suggest reading
the information at the URL below before proceeding further.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/app-pgdump.html

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net