Re: BUG #3362: xlog corruption just after initdb on irix

From: Herve Boulouis <amon(at)sockar(dot)homeip(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3362: xlog corruption just after initdb on irix
Date: 2007-10-28 10:22:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Le 06/06/2007  18:04, Tom Lane a crit:

Hi,

> Herve Boulouis <amon(at)sockar(dot)homeip(dot)net> writes:
> > The mipspro compiler is a proprietary product and I cannot get the
> > necessary updates so for now I am unable to verify this theory. Anyway,
> > maybe you should a add a note in the pg irix faq to use the 7.4.4m version
> > of mipspro when building the sources ?
>
> Maybe, but I'd like confirmation of the theory first.  Please let me
> know how it goes when you get hold of 7.4.4m ...

I finally got the 7.4.4m update and repeated the entire test (compile,
install, initdb, start/stop multiple times) and the problem has gone away.

My test server hasn't changed since I reported the bug, so I think you
can add a note in the pg documentation regarding the MIPSPro version to use.
(7.4.4m ok, 7.4.1m broken, dunno about the intermediate versions)

--
Herve Boulouis