Re: Training events policy ... first test case

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Date: 2007-10-24 17:51:28
Lists: pgsql-www

Folks,

> > > PostgreSQL Administration ... 2007-10-22
> > > PostgreSQL Database Implem ...2007-11-13
> > > Intense PostgreSQL Trainin ...2007-11-12
> > > PostgreSQL Tuning & Perfor ...2007-12-01
> > > etc. ...
> >
> > I think you need *at least* Country in there somewhere, if not
> > State/Province ... ppl outside the US, for instance, might grow tired
> > of clicking through if the result is always something in the US, when
> > all that really interests them are stuff in the UK ...
>
> Country and State/Province.

Hmmm, let's stay on target here. What I'm trying to do is to make those "top
3" spots less valuable so that training providers won't fight over them.
That is, so list enough on the home page to make people realize training
exists, but have all links go to the full training listings.

Right now the issue is that training events get something like 1000 views a
week while their on the home page, and < 100 views a week otherwise. That's
enough of a difference to make providers manipulate the listings a bit.

So, I'd be happy with this as well:

USA, Atlanta ... 2007-10-22
USA, Edison ...2007-11-13
UK, London ...2007-11-12
Sao Paulo, Brazil ...2007-12-01
etc.

I *don't* buy the argument that "we can trust EDB so they're exempt from the
restrictions we level on other providers," since we don't seem to have cut
OTG any slack whatsoever despite their contributions.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun