Re: request for help with COPY syntax

From: "Chuck D(dot)" <pgsql-list(at)nullmx(dot)com>
To: "Fernando Hevia" <fhevia(at)ip-tel(dot)com(dot)ar>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: request for help with COPY syntax
Date: 2007-10-24 07:02:19
Lists: pgsql-sql

On October 23, 2007 10:44:51 am you wrote:
> Hi Chuck,
> Do you need those characters in your table? If not I think you will be
> better off preprocessing the data before running copy.
>
> Replacing those " for ' or directly removing them is quite simple if you
> are working in Unix, actually it should be quite simple in any operating
> system.
>
> Regards,
> Fernando

Greetings,

I'm not sure if they are needed because I've never seen a double quote in a
place name before. I don't believe they are errors though because there are
more records that contain them. As well, some records have single and double
quotes allowed within a record and this really messes things up.

Any ideas? Should I consider removing them in favor of a single quote? If
so, do you know how to do this with sed or similar?