Re: WinXP Hibernation problem (replicated)

From: Steve Midgley <public(at)misuse(dot)org>
To: "Joris Dobbelsteen" <Joris(at)familiedobbelsteen(dot)nl>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WinXP Hibernation problem (replicated)
Date: 2007-10-19 19:49:57
Lists: pgadmin-support

At 12:46 PM 10/19/2007, Joris Dobbelsteen wrote:

>I seem to be unable to put my box into Hibernate. Windows indicates
>that
>"Insufficient resources are available to complete the API". Oddly
>enough
>now even the 'hibernate' tab in the power options is gone. Seems this
>system doesn't like the feature. So I cannot help much trying to see
>if
>the problem exists on my Thinkpad T60.

I had the same problem. Apply this patch from Microsoft to enable
hibernation on your machine:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909095

> >6) Notice that SQL window doesn't have sql input box displayed.
>
>Doing this with Sleep mode here doesn't have this effect. Cannot
>replicate it here, sorry I can't help you with it...

Sleep mode doesn't seem to cause it for me - only hibernation (which
seems really weird but maybe the wakeup routine on video is different
for the two?)

> >Workaround: Uncheck and recheck View/Output pane and problem goes
> away.
>
>Another possible try is minimizing the affected window and restoring
>it.
>Alternatively, move it off-screen as far as possible and back again.
>Does this in any way clear up the problem perhaps?

No - minimizing it doesn't fix it. However, I have noticed that it's
only the FIRST sql window I open from PgAdmin. Subsequent windows don't
seem to have the problem (if this thing wasn't weird enough to begin
with). I do hope I'm giving you guys good dope on the issue but I seem
to be able to replicate now at will.

[snip]