Replication advice Many-to-one Slony

From: "Walfred Tedeschi" <fred(at)biomag(dot)usp(dot)br>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Replication advice Many-to-one Slony
Date: 2007-10-18 11:47:56
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi all,

We intend to establish a central back-up for our system. It can be though as
many machines (masters) linked to one Slave. The communication may be one
directional (master -> slave) and would appreciate to have it almost in realtime.
The data flux on the system is not very high in terms of transactions and
volume of data. And the primary keys are planned in a way that there is no
overlap over the masters (every master has its own range of PK) without
overlapping. We were thinking about slony1.

Since we are not sure about the decision, we would appreciate very much if you
could advise us what to use and where to start.

Thank you very much,

Fred

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Sylvain BroheeDate: 2007-10-18 12:56:03