[ameli@CS.Berkeley.EDU: DB Seminar: Friday 10/19, 1-2:30pm, 606 Soda Hall]

From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [ameli@CS.Berkeley.EDU: DB Seminar: Friday 10/19, 1-2:30pm, 606 Soda Hall]
Date: 2007-10-15 23:46:49
Lists: sfpug
----- Forwarded message from Alexandra Meliou <ameli(at)CS(dot)Berkeley(dot)EDU> -----

From: Alexandra Meliou <ameli(at)CS(dot)Berkeley(dot)EDU>
To: dblunch(at)triplerock(dot)CS(dot)Berkeley(dot)EDU
Subject: DB Seminar: Friday 10/19, 1-2:30pm, 606 Soda Hall

Friday, October 19th, 2007
606 Soda Hall
1-2:30pm

Speaker:
Srinivasan Seshadri, Kosmix

Title: Web Categorization: Applications and Challenges

Abstract
--------
We will discuss several real world applications of web
categorization including vertical search, home pages for topics and
others.  We will also discuss challenges in categorizing the web into
millions of categories and will draw upon our experience at Kosmix
building a scalable web categorization platform.

Bio
----
Srinivasan "Sesh" Seshadri has straddled academia and industry
over a career spanning Kosmix, Yahoo!, Strand Genomics, Bell Labs and
IIT Bombay. Over his career, Sesh's roles have varied from research and
teaching to building hi-tech companies. He is currently the CTO of
Kosmix.