Failed PW retries

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL ODBC List <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Failed PW retries
Date: 2007-10-15 19:37:33
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Greetings,

  When the ODBC driver gets back a failed login it seems to retry the
  same username/password 4 times, then tries with user 'admin', then
  tries again with the original username before prompting the user to
  enter a new password.

  Is there any way to change this behaviour?  Our PG system is set up to
  lock-out accounts after 3 failed login tries and so this is kind of a
  problem.

  We're using pam in pg_hba.conf and pam_radius_auth in the
  pam.d/postgres config, though I don't think those matter as we see
  multiple attempts in the Postgres log itself (and don't see these
  duplicated attempts when connecting with psql or similar).

  	Thanks,

		Stephen

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Johann ZuschlagDate: 2007-10-17 15:17:25