Tips needed for contrib doc

From: Albert Cervera i Areny <albert(at)nan-tic(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Tips needed for contrib doc
Date: 2007-10-10 21:15:49
Lists: pgsql-docs
Hi,
	I wanted to spend a week or so putting the contrib doc into shape so I want
to start by moving the contrib part from a new appendix to the Reference
part.
	The problems I find are:
	- I can't make this "contrib" doc a part because Reference already is a part
and can't be nested.
	Structure:
	<part id="reference">
		<part id="contrib">

	- If I make the contrib doc a chapter in the index shows with an arabic
number not as a roman one.
	Structure:
	<part id="reference">
		<chapter id="contrib">

	- I can't make the doc a <reference> because first I need to point to the
modules and not all of them are documented like a reference.
	Structure:
	<part id="reference">
		<reference id="contrib">

	- If I leave it as it is now [1] the problem is that very small chapters just
don't look right IMHO. Take a look at [2], for example. It should be a module
per page in most cases except very long ones.
	Structure:
	<part id="contrib">
		<chapter id="adminpack">

Does anyone have a solution on this? I'm no docbook expert, so I might be very
wrong.

[1] You can find the current state at
http://www.nan-tic.com/ftp/pgdoc-0.0.2/index.html
[2] http://www.nan-tic.com/ftp/pgdoc-0.0.2/adminpack.html

--
Albert Cervera i Areny
http://www.NaN-tic.com

pgsql-docs by date

Next:From: Neil ConwayDate: 2007-10-10 21:39:08