Re: Using rsync for base backups for PITR

From: "Scott Whitney" <swhitney(at)journyx(dot)com>
To: "'Bruce Momjian'" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Using rsync for base backups for PITR
Date: 2007-10-10 16:46:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

In the same way that you don't have a valid archive while the tar is
running, no? In either case, I have to archive the WAL segments used during
the file system backup, right?

Is rsync a supported method for a warm standby server? Specifically, I'm
thinking about:
http://www.taygeta.com/ha-postgresql.html